Monday 3 April 2017

Alicia Ditch The Cosmetics And Respond To Adam Levine


"I felt powerful because my initial intention realized themselves. My desire to listen to myself, to tear down the walls I built over all those years, to be full of purpose and to be myself?"
"The universe was listening to those things I'd promised myself or maybe I was just finally listening to the universe but however it goes, that's how the whole #nomakeup thing began", she said.
The entertainer explained that she was tired of the constant judgment of women.
In an essay, written in June last year, Alicia Keys states the pressure she felt to wear make-up her fear that someone may see her on a day that she chose not to wear it. So she decided to ditch the cosmetics and go for a photo without using any make-up where she said she felt " the strongest, the most empowered, most free and most honestly beautiful I have ever felt".

So when her The Voice colleague Maroon 5's Adam Levine call her out to inspect on her face he noticed her applying some make-up.
"I joked around with her, she was putting on a little bit of make-up, so I was like, 'Oh I thought Alicia doesn't wear make-up".
"And she was like,'I do what the f*ck I want".
So even though the entertainer performed at sold out shows, appeared in magazine photoshoots and even on live TV she may not be 100% make-up free.


More Hip Hop News


No comments:

Post a Comment